Cannery Cuisine!

Finally! A place for those who find pioneer food a little hard to swallow! Recipes so good your family won't know you've fed them whatever is in the cans under the basement stairs! Cracked wheat crackers need not apply...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Princess Palace

Domestic goddess. Need I say more?

Wednesday, September 20, 2006


I have had so many requests for this recipe, that I have to put it on the blog. We will justify it by saying that you can SERVE it with RICE that you can get at the CANNERY! Thanks, Jen, for the recipe! It is delicious and kids love it. (I know! Surprising!)
Ginger Chicken
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup water
1-2 large hands of garlic, peeled (potato peeler works best)
3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 lbs. chicken thighs
cooked rice
Sauce: In large pot, mix sugar, soy sauce, water, ginger and garlic. Stir well.
Peel skin off chicken and place in ginger sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce to med/low and simmer until done, about 45 minutes- 1 hour. Serve over rice.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yummy. I bet Secret Agent Man would like this.

I love garlic.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Queen K said...

This so good that everytime I have used it to bring to another family, they have always begged me for the recipe. I am just sad that it wasn't my idea! I actually got the recipe when a friend brought it to me when Princess #2 was born.

10:41 AM  
Blogger jasonandhartley said...

Is it supposed to be 1-2 large hands of ginger instead of garlic? because there is already garlic in the recipe and no ginger. :)

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home